Jump to navigation Jump to search
It is a predominantly Protestant area, and host the twelfth every 3 years.
There are 2 schools, one is the Buick Memorial Primary School and the other is Cullybackey High School.
Notable people[change | change source]
- Matilda Cullen Knowles, scientist, was born here in 1864.
- Jessica Kurten, Olympic horse rider and representative of Ireland.[source?]
- Neil 'Smutty' Robinson, a well-known motorcycle racer and British 250cc Championship winner, who was killed, aged 24, in 1986.
- Steven Davis - Rangers and Northern Ireland Footballer.
- Ella Young, celtic poet, mythologist and feminist activist was born here in 1867.
References[change | change source]
-  Archived July 17, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Ask About Ireland – Irish Scientists – Matilda Knowles". Ask About Ireland – Irish Scientists. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Ella Young". Cullybackey and District Historical Society.