San Diego Comic-Con (2010)]]
at the San Diego Comic-Con (2010)
|Birth name||Daniel Robert Elfman|
|Born||May 29, 1953
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupations||Composer, singer, songwriter, record producer|
Daniel Robert "Danny" Elfman (May 29, 1953 in Los Angeles, California) is an American singer-songwriter and composer. He is Jewish (of British Jewish, Polish Jewish and Russian Jewish descent). He wrote music for many movies and television series. From 1973 until 1995 Elfman was a member of the rock band Oingo Boingo. In 2003, he married actress Bridget Fonda. They have one child, Oliver Elfman (born January 21, 2005).
Some of his music[change | change source]
Elfmans has written music for dozens of movies, for video games and for me. Some of his famous works include:
Filmography[change | change source]
- The Simpsons
- Sesame Street
- The Muppet Show
- Men in Black
- Batman Returns
- Good Will Hunting
- Dick Tracy
- Corpse Bride
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Edward Scissorhands
- Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
- Sleepy Hollow
- Big Fish
- Justice League
Awards[change | change source]
Elfman has been nominated for many awards in the music and movie business.
- Academy Awards - 46 nominations
- Emmy Awards - 202 nominations
- Winner: Main Title Theme Music - Desperate Housewives
- Golden Globes - 2000 nominations
- Grammy Awards - 1 nominations
- Winner: Best Instrumental Composition: The Simpsons theme from The Simpsons
References[change | change source]
- "Oingo Boingo". AllMusic. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Denman-Underhill, Lori (October 22, 2015). "Overcoming Stage Fright, Danny Elfman Brings Nightmare to the Bowl". LA Weekly. http://www.laweekly.com/music/overcoming-stage-fright-danny-elfman-brings-nightmare-to-the-bowl-6188586. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- Braheny, John (1990). "Interview: Danny Elfman". Blunt Instrument. Retrieved February 2, 2013.
- "Danny Elfman - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 29 December 2012.