David J. C. MacKay
|Sir David MacKay|
David John Cameron MacKay
|Died||14 April 2016
|Thesis||Bayesian methods for adaptive models (1992)|
|Doctoral advisor||John Hopfield|
Sir David John Cameron MacKay, FRS, FInstP, FICE (22 April 1967 – 14 April 2016) was a British physicist, mathematician, and academic. He was the Regius Professor of Engineering in the Department of Engineering at the University of Cambridge and from 2009 to 2014 was Chief Scientific Adviser to the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC). Before being appointed to the DECC, MacKay was most well known as author of the book Sustainable Energy – Without the Hot Air.
References[change | change source]
- David MacKay (7 February 2010). "Biography – David J.C. MacKay". web homepage. University of Cambridge. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "MacKAY, Prof. David John Cameron". Who's Who 2013, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2013; online edn, Oxford University Press.(subscription needed)
- Mackay, David (2009). Sustainable Energy: Without the Hot Air. UIT Cambridge. ISBN 0-9544529-3-3.
- "Ramesh and David". Rameshanddavid.blogspot.com. 15 January 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- MacKay's personal group website in Cambridge, 22 April 2014
- David MacKay (7 July 2012). "David J.C. MacKay FRS". web homepage. University of Cambridge. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- DECC confirms MacKay as new low-carbon advisor, BusinessGreen, 3 September 2009, retrieved 29 December 2011
- "Britons of the Year", The Daily Telegraph, London, p. 15, 29 December 2009
- "What Will It Take to Save the Earth?" 26 April 2012 by Joel E. Cohen in The New York Review of Books