Democratic Union (Israel)
|Founded||25 July 2019|
|Slogan||No (to) Likud. That's for sure.|
5 / 120
The Democratic Union (Hebrew: המחנה הדמוקרטי, romanized: HaMaḥaneh HaDemokrati, lit. 'The Democratic Camp') is a left-wing political alliance in Israel formed between Meretz, Israel Democratic Party, Labor defector Stav Shaffir, and the Green Movement that ran in the September 2019 Israeli legislative election.
References[change | change source]
- Gil Hoffman (25 July 2019). "Barak, Shaffir, Horowitz form left-wing bloc overnight". The Jerusalem Post.
- Staff (29 July 2019). "Meretz central committee approves merger with Barak's Israel Democratic Party". Times of Israel.
- Elad Benari (25 July 2019). "Meretz and Israel Democratic unite". Arutz Sheva. Retrieved 24 July 2019.
- Gil Hoffman; Jeremy Sharon (25 July 2019). "Polls show Democratic Union Party to net 8-12 seats". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
- Raoul Wootliff; Staff writer (25 July 2019). "Meretz, former PM Barak, Labor defector Shaffir announce joint Knesset run". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 24 July 2019.