|Member of the Board of Trustees of the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Foundation|
|Assumed office |
|Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee|
January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1995
|Preceded by||David Boren|
|Succeeded by||Arlen Specter|
|United States Senator|
January 3, 1977 – January 3, 1995
|Preceded by||Paul Fannin|
|Succeeded by||Jon Kyl|
Dennis Webster DeConcini
May 8, 1937
Tucson, Arizona, U.S.
|Education||University of Arizona (BA, LLB)|
|Branch/service||United States Army|
|Years of service||1959–1960 (Acting)|
|Rank||Army Judge Advocate General's Corps|
Dennis Webster DeConcini // (born May 8, 1937) is an American lawyer, philanthropist, politician. He served as the Democratic U.S. Senator from Arizona from 1977 until his retirement in 1995. He was replaced by Jon Kyl. DeConcini was born in Tucson, Arizona.
DeConcini is a member of the Board of Directors of the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC), a global nonprofit organization that combats child sexual exploitation, child pornography, and child abduction.
In June 2021, President Joe Biden nominated DeConcini as a Member of the Board of Trustees of the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Foundation. His nomination was confirmed by the U.S. Senate in December 2021.
References[change | change source]
- "William J. Clinton Foundation "President Names Four to Freddie Mac Board"". Archived from the original on 2007-11-15. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- "Alliance for Responsible Cuba Policy Foundation". Archived from the original on 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "The Spokesman-Review.com - At Freddie Mac, it helps to have contacts". Archived from the original on 2010-04-13. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "ICMEC Board Members". icmec.org. Archived from the original on 2015-07-03.
- "PN792 — Dennis DeConcini — Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation 117th Congress (2021-2022)". US Congress. December 18, 2021. Retrieved 19 December 2021.
Other websites[change | change source]
- United States Congress. "Dennis DeConcini (id: D000185)". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- DeConcini Appearances on C-SPAN
- Speaking about President Carter and Senate on KJZZ Radio Archived 2013-11-12 at the Wayback Machine
- Dennis DeConcini on IMDb
- Parry, Romani, DeConcini & Symms
- Deconcini Mcdonald Law Firm
- "Deconcini on Panama Canal". Archived from the original on 2009-01-19.
- Book Award
- "DeCONCINI & Warner" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-01-19.
- DeConcini Backs Senator Obama