Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
|Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo|
|Directed by||Mike Bigelow|
|Screenplay by||Rob Schneider|
|Story by||Rob Schneider|
|Produced by||John Schneider|
|Edited by||Peck Prior|
Sandy S. Solowitz
|Music by||James L. Venable|
Happy Madison Productions
Out of the Blue... Entertainment
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|August 12, 2005|
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo is a 2005 American comedy movie. It was directed by Mike Bigelow and was produced by John Schneider, Adam Sandler, and Jack Giarraputo. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo was released on August 12, 2005. It is the sequel to the 1999 movie Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo.
Cast[change | change source]
- Sean Astin as David "Dave" Morgan
- Brendan Fraser as Linkovich "Link" Chomovsky
- Pauly Shore as Stanley "Stoney" Brown
- Megan Ward as Robyn Sweeney
- Robin Tunney as Ella
- Michael DeLuise as Matt Wilson
- Patrick Van Horn as Phil
- Dalton James as Will
- Rick Ducommun as Mr. Brush
- Jonathan Quan as Kim
- Rose McGowan as Nora
- Michole White as Kathleen
- Mariette Hartley as Mrs. Morgan
- Richard Masur as Mr. Morgan
- Ellen Blain as Tenna Morgan
- Sandra Hess as Cave Nug
- Mike Diamente as Steve Morgan
- Erick Avari as Raji
- Gerry Bednob as Kashmir
Reception[change | change source]
The movie gained negative reviews from critics and holds a 9% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. At the Razzie Awards, the movie was nominated for Worst Picture, Worst Screenplay, Worst Remake or Sequel and Worst Screen Couple. Schneider won for Worst Actor.
Move critic Roger Ebert gave the movie a "zero star" rating and called it "aggressively bad, as if it wants to cause suffering to the audience" and on his show Ebert and Roeper "completely beneath contempt." He named it as the worst movie of 2005, and he included it in his list of most hated movies. Ebert also told off Schneider because of his obsessive defense of the movie series, referring to an incident where Los Angeles Times movie critic Patrick Goldstein called Schneider a "third-rate comic." Schneider responded by saying that Goldstein was a "third-rate, unfunny pompous reporter" and that he was not qualified to review the movie because he was not a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist. Ebert, who had won the Pulitzer Prize, decided to criticize Schneider in his own review. He ended his review with the quote "Your movie sucks" which later became the title of a book that was published by Ebert.
Both Ebert and Schneider would later settle their differences, and Schneider sent a bouquet of flowers and his well wishes to Ebert who was recovering from thyroid cancer. Ebert would respond by saying "Rob Schneider might (in my opinion) have made a bad movie. He is not a bad man."
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- ↑ "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- ↑ "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo - Awards". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo Movie Review (2005)". Roger Ebert. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- ↑ "Ebert's Most Hated". Roger Ebert. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
- ↑ "A Bouquet Arrives..." Roger Ebert. Retrieved 2015-02-08.
Other websites[change | change source]
- English-language movies
- 2005 comedy movies
- 2005 crime movies
- 2000s criminal comedy movies
- 2000s sequel movies
- 2000s serial killer movies
- 2000s sex comedy movies
- American criminal comedy movies
- American sequel movies
- American serial killer movies
- American sex comedy movies
- Columbia Pictures movies
- Movies about prostitution
- Movies set in the Netherlands
- Happy Madison movies