|Full name||Divock Okoth Origi|
|Date of birth||18 April 1995|
|Place of birth||Ostend, Belgium|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2014–2015||→ Lille (loan)||33||(8)|
|2017–2018||→ VfL Wolfsburg (loan)||31||(6)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 January 2020|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 November 2017
Divock Okoth Origi (born 18 April 1995) is a Belgian professional footballer. He plays for Liverpool and the Belgium national team. He plays as a forward. He was born in Ostend. He is the son of former Kenyan professional footballer Mike Origi.
Origi started his career at French club Lille. In 2014, he signed for Liverpool for £10 million. He has since spent time on loan at Lille and VfL Wolfsburg as a Liverpool player. On 2 December 2018, after coming on as a substitute, he scored his side's 96th minute 1–0 winner over Everton in the Premier League. On 7 May 2019, he scored two goals for Liverpool (including the overall tie winner) in a 4–0 win over Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League semi-final. In the final of the competition, in the 87th minute, Origi scored Liverpool's second goal in the side's 2–0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur.
Origi has played for Belgium since 2014. He has played for his country 25 times, scoring three times. He was part of the 2014 FIFA World Cup squad.
Honours[change | change source]
- UEFA Champions League: 2018–19
- UEFA Super Cup: 2019
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2019
- Football League Cup runner-up: 2015–16
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015–16
References[change | change source]
- "Divock Origi". Premier League. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- Carroll, James (2 December 2018). "Report: Origi nets injury-time winner in dramatic Anfield derby". Liverpool F.C. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- Bevan, Chris (7 May 2019). "Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona (4-3 agg): Jurgen Klopp's side complete extraordinary comeback". BBC Sport. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- McNulty, Phil (1 June 2019). "Tottenham Hotspur 0–2 Liverpool". BBC Sport. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Divock Origi.|