|Nickname(s)||De Rode Duivels|
Les Diables Rouges
Die Roten Teufel
(The Red Devils)
|Association||Royal Belgian Football Association (KBVB/URBSFA/KBFV)[A]|
|Most caps||Jan Vertonghen (127)[B]|
|Top scorer||Romelu Lukaku (62)[B]|
|Current||4 2 (22 December 2022)|
|Highest||1 (November 2015 – March 2016, September 2018 – present)|
|Lowest||71 (June 2007)|
| Belgium 3–3 France |
(Uccle, Belgium; 1 May 1904)
| Belgium 9–0 Zambia |
(Brussels, Belgium; 4 June 1994)
Belgium 10–1 San Marino
(Brussels, Belgium; 28 February 2001)
Belgium 9–0 Gibraltar
(Liège, Belgium; 31 August 2017)
| England Amateurs 11–2 Belgium |
(London, England; 17 April 1909)
|Appearances||13 (first in 1930)|
|Best result||Third place (2018)|
|Appearances||5 (first in 1972)|
|Best result||Runners-up (1980)|
Most appearances[change | change source]
|2||Toby Alderweirld||2009 -||111||5|
|8||Daniel Van Buyten||2001–2014||85||10|
Top scorers[change | change source]
|#||Name||Belgium career||Goals||Caps||Goals per game|
|Paul Van Himst||1960–1974||30||81||0.3704|
|6||Robert De Veen||1906–1913||26||23||1.1304|
References[change | change source]
- "Football MATCH: 14.11.2012 (Romania v Belgium)". EU Football. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Football MATCH: 26.05.2014 (Belgium v Luxembourg)". EU Football. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Rules & Governance – Law 3: The number of players". The FA. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "Welles-nietesspel rond oefenmatch tegen Tsjechië: Daarom was het geen officiële wedstrijd" [Yes or no game about friendly against Czech Republic: this is why it was no official match] (in Dutch). Sporza. 6 June 2017. Archived from the original on 8 June 2017. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- "The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking". FIFA. 22 December 2022. Retrieved 22 December 2022.
- Elo rankings change compared to one year ago. "World Football Elo Ratings". eloratings.net. 3 March 2019. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- The acronyms KBVB, URBSFA and KBFV come from the organisation's respective Dutch, French and German names: Koninklijke Belgische Voetbalbond, Union Royale Belge des Sociétés de Football-Association and Königliche Belgische Fußballverband.
The title of "Royal Union" was awarded on its 25th anniversary in 1920.
- Caps and goals against Romania on 14 November 2012, against Luxembourg on 26 May 2014 and against Czech Republic on 5 June 2017 were counted by RBFA but are not officially recognised by FIFA – the former two due to an excessive number of substitutions according to the Laws of the Game, the latter because the Belgian and Czech football federations were too late in requesting an official match.