1920 Summer Olympics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Host city||Antwerp, Belgium|
|Athletes||2,626 (2,561 men, 65 women)|
|Events||156 in 22 sports (29 disciplines)|
The games were a financial strain for the host country and the participants. The events were not well attended.
Participating nations[change | change source]
A total of 22 nations sent athletes to compete at the Antwerp games.
- Great Britain
- Empire of Japan
- New Zealand
- Union of South Africa
- United States
- Kingdom of Yugoslavia
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Findling, John E. (2004). Encyclopedia of the Modern Olympic Movement. Greenwood. p. 74. ISBN 9780313322785.
- "Factsheet - Opening Ceremony of the Games f the Olympiad" (PDF) (Press release). International Olympic Committee. September 13, 2013. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 August 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- Sports Reference.com (SR/Olympics), "1920 Antwerpen Summer Games" Archived 2020-05-05 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-7-23.
- Zarnowski, C. Frank. "A Look at Olympic Costs," Archived 2018-12-25 at the Wayback Machine Citius, Altius, Fortius (US). Summer 1992, Vol. 1, Issue 1, p. 20-21 [5-6 of 17 PDF]; retrieved 2012-7-24.
- Taking part in the games for the first time were Czechoslovakia, Brazil, Estonia, Finland, Monaco, New Zealand and Yugoslavia.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to 1920 Summer Olympics at Wikimedia Commons