1924 Summer Olympics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Host city||Paris, France|
|Athletes||3,089 (2,954 men, 135 women)|
|Events||126 in 17 sports (23 disciplines)|
|Stadium||Stade Olympique Yves-du-Manoir|
The games were thought to be successful, but costly. The events were well attended.
Participating nations[change | change source]
A total of 44 nations sent athletes to compete at the Paris games.
- Great Britain
- Irish Free State
- Empire of Japan
- New Zealand
- Union of South Africa
- United States
- Kingdom of Yugoslavia
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Factsheet - Opening Ceremony of the Games f the Olympiad" (PDF) (Press release). International Olympic Committee. 13 September 2013. Archived (PDF) from the original on 14 August 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2018.
- Sports Reference.com (SR/Olympics), "1924 Paris Summer Games" Archived 2008-07-07 at the Wayback Machine; retrieved 2012-7-24.
- Zarnowski, C. Frank. "A Look at Olympic Costs," Archived 2018-12-25 at the Wayback Machine Citius, Altius, Fortius (US). Summer 1992, Vol. 1, Issue 1, p. 21 [6 of 17 PDF]; retrieved 2012-7-24.
- Taking part in the games for the first time were Ecuador, Haiti, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, the Philippines, Poland and Uruguay.
- Guttmann, Allen. (1992). The Olympics: A History of the Modern Games, p. 38.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to 1924 Summer Olympics at Wikimedia Commons