2028 Summer Olympics
The 2028 Summer Olympics, which will be officially known as the Games of the XXXIV Olympiad, is an international athletic event. Two Olympic Candidate Cites are Los Angeles and Paris International Olympic Committee is scheduled for 2024 Summer Olympics and 2028 Summer Olympics on 13 September 2017 in Lima, Peru.
Cancel Potential bids[change | change source]
Europe[change | change source]
- In 2005, the Dutch sporting confederation NOC*NSF began thinking about making a bid to host the 2028 Summer Olympic and Paralympic games in Amsterdam. The first and only time the Netherlands hosted the Olympics was in 1928, also in Amsterdam. Amsterdam bid for the 1992 Summer Olympic Games, but lost to Barcelona, Spain.
North America[change | change source]
- A joint bid for Vancouver and Seattle to host the 2028 Summer Olympics is being explored. This would be the first time 2 countries made a bid together. Vancouver and Seattle both believe it would be possible to do and have said that the travel time between Seattle and Vancouver is similar to the travel time between Whistler, British Columbia and Vancouver, the site of most of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
References[change | change source]
- Dutch consider bidding for 2028 Olympics, Expatica, March 22 2005
- Vancouver considers 2028 Olympics bid, The Ubyssey Online, October 24 2006
- City Wants 2028 Olympics, The Vancouver Sun, 2006
- IOC Rule And Logistical Hurdles Await, Discovery Institute, October 6 2006
|Youth Olympic Games|
|Summer Games: Singapore 2010, Nanjing 2014, Buenos Aires 2018, 2023|
|Winter Games: Innsbruck 2012, Lillehammer 2016, Lausanne 2020
|Lillehammer 2016 — Buenos Aires 2018 — Lausanne 2020