EasyJet Airline Company Limited, styled as easyJet, is a British low cost airline founded in 1995. Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou started the airline in 1995. He was in charge of EasyJet until 2002.  Starting in 2003, EasyJet opened many bases at airports throughout Europe.  As of 2016, EasyJet is based at London Luton Airport. EasyJet currently has 26 bases and its largest base is at London Gatwick Airport.  It is the second largest low-fare airline in Europe. It flies domestic and international scheduled services. It has 387 routes between 104 European and north African airports.
EasyJet was featured in the television series Airline.
Gallery[change | change source]
An EasyJet Switzerland Boeing 737-300 in the "phone number" paint-job.
References[change | change source]
- "Stelios to step down as easyJet chairman". Mail Online.
- "easyJet Careers". careers.easyjet.com.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. pp. 75–76.
- "EasyJet airline details". theAirDB. Retrieved 2008-05-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Sager, Eckart (1998-07-08). "EasyJet: Europe's no-frills airline". CNN. Retrieved 2008-01-21. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)