|Debenhams plc (2006–2019)|
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: DEB (2006–2019)|
|Founded||1778 (by William Clark)|
1813 (as Clark & Debenham)
|Headquarters||10 Brock Street, London, England, United Kingdom|
|Sir Ian Cheshire (Chairman)|
Sergio Bucher (CEO)
|Products||Fashion clothing, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, home and furniture, electricals, gifts, toys|
|Revenue||£2,341.7 million (2016)|
|£131.0 million (2016)|
|£85.9 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Magasin du Nord
Debenhams was the United Kingdom's largest department store chain. It was formed in 1778. It is a company that has opened shops across the world, first opening in London, England. Debenhams operates nearly 100 retail stores in the UK. It is one of the companies on the FTSE 250 Index. The 2014 Christmas advert was filmed in the Sutton, London shop in August 2014.
References[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Debenhams.|
- London Stock Exchange cancel Debenhams stock
- "Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Debenhams plc. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- Rosemary Varley, Retail Product Management: Buying and Merchandising (Oxford; New York: Routledge, 2005), p. 21
- "FTSE 250 Constituents". London South East. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "End of an era for Debenhams as final shops set to close". BBC News. 5 May 2021. Retrieved 3 June 2022.
- "Debenhams makes its return to the high street with beauty store in Manchester". The Independent. 4 December 2021. Retrieved 3 June 2022.