Exclusive is the second studio album by American recording artist Chris Brown. It was released on November 6, 2007, by his own record label CBE, with Jive Records. In 2008 the album was re-released under the name Exclusive: The Forever Edition. Much like his first album Chris Brown released in 2005, the album features a hip hop and R&B sound and features a wide range of guest appearances from different acts from the hip hop and R&B world like T-Pain, Keri Hilson, will.i.am, Lil Wayne and Big Boi.
Track listing[change | change source]
|2.||"Kiss Kiss" (featuring T-Pain)||T-Pain||4:10|
|3.||"Take You Down"||
|5.||"Picture Perfect" (featuring will.i.am)||
|6.||"Hold Up" (featuring Big Boi)||Dre & Vidal||3:48|
|7.||"You"||Los da Mystro||3:22|
|9.||"Wall to Wall"||
|10.||"Help Me"||The Underdogs||3:17|
|11.||"I Wanna Be"||The Underdogs||3:46|
|12.||"Gimme Whatcha Got" (featuring Lil Wayne)||Jazze Pha||3:48|
|13.||"I'll Call Ya"||Swizz Beatz||3:53|
- UK/Japanese Edition bonus tracks
- "Get At Ya" – 3:18
- "Mama" (E. Hudson) – 4:24
- "Nice" (featuring The Game) – 4:32
- "Down" (featuring Kanye West) – 4:17
- "Fallen Angel" - 5:34 (Japan only)
- Limited Edition DVD
- Journey to South Africa – 15:00
- Behind the Scenes of "Wall To Wall" – 15:00
- "Wall To Wall" (Video) – 5:20
- Behind the Scenes of "Kiss Kiss" – 12:37
- "Kiss Kiss" (Video) – 4:25
- Special Edition DVD
Chris Brown On Tour (Documentary)
Completing the Forever Edition package is a bonus DVD with a special montage of performances from his recent Up-Close & Personal sold-out tour and never before seen behind the scenes footage. Being a guest of the Keyshia Cole Just like You sold-out tour.
- Japanese Limited Edition DVD
- Wall To Wall (Video)
- Kiss Kiss (Video)
- With You (Video)
- Forever (Video)
- Chris Brown On Tour (Documentary)
- UK/Japanese CD Edition
- Standard 16 tracks as above
- "Fallen Angel" - 5:34
- "Forever" (C. Brown, A. Merritt, M. Grant. R. Allen, J. Jones) – 4:38
- "Superhuman" (featuring Keri Hilson) (J. Fauntleroy II) – 3:39
- "Heart Ain't a Brain" – 3:40
There are two versions of the Forever Edition, one with the DVD and one without. These are sold separately. In UK, only the CD edition is available. However, in many countries (e.g. Germany, Australia) both editions are available.
BET Bonus DVD[change | change source]
Production[change | change source]
- Album mastered by Chris Athens at Sterling Sound, NYC
- A&R Administration: Shay Young
- A&R Coordination: Leticia Hilliard
- Zomba Production Coordination: Cara Hutchinson
- Clearances: David Schmidt, Kobie "The Quarterback" Brown, Donato Guadagnoli, Mattias End and Lisa Pinero
- Art Direction and Design: Courtney Walter
- Photography: Dave Hill & Mark Mann
- Styling: Mike Bogard for Blynn Group
- Executive Producers for CBE: Chris Brown, Tina Davis & Mark Pitts
- Executive Producers for Jive/Zomba: Clive Calder & Phineas Kelly
- Management: Tina M. Davis and Joyce Hawkins for The Tina Davis Company
Charts[change | change source]
Weekly charts[change | change source]
Year-end charts[change | change source]
Certifications[change | change source]
|Australia (ARIA)||2× Platinum||140,000^|
|Ireland (IRMA)||2× Platinum||30,000^|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||2× Platinum||30,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Platinum||300,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||2× Platinum||2,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
References[change | change source]
- "HMV - Music, Films, & Games - hmv.com". hmv.com - home of entertainment.
- Forever U.K. Exclusive The Forever U.K. Edition Archived 2008-08-04 at the Wayback Machine Exclusive: The Forever U.K. Edition. Accessed May 30, 2008
- Forever AUS Exclusive The Forever Australian Edition Archived 2008-08-04 at the Wayback Machine Exclusive: The Forever Australian Edition. Accessed May 30, 2008
- "CD: Exclusive (with Exclusive BET DVD)".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-28. Retrieved 2015-08-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Oricon Weekly for 2007 week 47 - generasia". www.generasia.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-01-28. Retrieved 2015-08-23.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Official Charts Company". www.officialcharts.com.
- "Top Billboard 200 Albums - Year-End". Billboard.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2007 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Irish album certifications – Chris Brown – Exclusive". Irish Recorded Music Association.
- "New Zealand album certifications – Chris Brown – Exclusive". Recorded Music NZ.
- "British album certifications – Chris Brown – Exclusive". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Platinum in the Certification field. Type Exclusive in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.
- "American album certifications – Chris Brown – Exclusive". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.
- "IFPI Platinum Europe Awards – 2007". International Federation of the Phonographic Industry. Retrieved December 28, 2012.