Fashion (2008 movie)
|Directed by||Madhur Bhandarkar|
|Story by||Ajay Monga|
|Narrated by||Priyanka Chopra|
|Edited by||Deven Murdeshwar|
|Budget||est.₹ 18 crore|
|Box office||est.₹ 60 crore|
Fashion is a 2008 Indian Hindi-language drama film directed and co-produced by Madhur Bhandarkar starring Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and Mugdha Godse in lead roles. The film's screenplay was co-written by Ajay Monga, Bhandarkar and Anuraadha Tewari and principal photography occurred in Mumbai and Chandigarh. Its music was composed by Salim–Sulaiman and the songs' lyrics were written by Irfan Siddiqui and Sandeep Nath.
It opened on 29 October 2008 to highly positive reviews. Critics praised its screenplay, cinematography, music, direction and performances. It collected ₹60 crore (US$7.9 million) at the box-office and was commercially successful. It earned 240 crore against a budget of 120 crore. This film was also a turning point in Chopra's career.
Fashion received several awards and nominations at ceremonies across India. At the 54th Filmfare Awards, the film received 7 nominations including Best Director and won 2 awards; Best Actress for Chopra and Best Supporting Actress for Ranaut. It also won Best Actress for Chopra and Best Supporting Actress for Ranaut at the 56th National Film Awards. Several publications listed Fashion as one of the "best women-centric films in Bollywood".
Cast[change | change source]
- Priyanka Chopra as Meghna Mathur
- Kangana Ranaut as Shonali Gujral
- Mugdha Godse as Janet Sequeira
- Arjan Bajwa as Manav Bhasin
- Samir Soni as Rahul Arora
- Ashwin Mushran as Rohit Khanna
- Kitu Gidwani as Anisha Roy
- Arbaaz Khan as Abhijit "Abhi" Sarin
- Suchitra Pillai-Malik as Avantika Sarin, wife of Abhijit Sarin.
- Rohit Roy as Kartik Suri, a photographer.
- Raj Babbar as Mr. Mathur, Meghna's father.
- Kiran Juneja as Mrs. Mathur, Meghna's mother.
- Chitrashi Rawat as Shomu.
- Manini Mishra as Sheena Bajaj.
- Harsh Chhaya as Vinay Khosla.
- Konkona Sen Sharma (cameo) as herself
- Ranvir Shorey (cameo) as himself
- Wendell Rodricks (cameo) as himself
- Manish Malhotra (cameo) himself
- Karan Johar (cameo) as himself
- Madhur Bhandarkar (cameo) as himself
- Diandra Soares (cameo) as herself
- Pooja Chopra (cameo) as herself
- Kanishtha Dhankhar (cameo) as herself
- Aanchal Kumar (cameo) as herself
- Sucheta Sharma (cameo) as herself
- Alesia Raut (cameo) as herself
- Noyonika Chatterjee (cameo) as herself
- Hemangi Parte (cameo) as herself
- Kavita Khadayat (cameo) as herself
- Daman Chaudhary (cameo) as Makeup Artist
- Usha Bachchani as Sheetal
- Rakshanda Khan (cameo) as a reporter
- Rohit Verma as Viren (special appearance)
- Atul Kasbekar (Cameo) as a photographer
- Sheena Bajaj as Meghna's cousin (child artist)
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Fashion (15)". British Board of Film Classification. Archived from the original on 6 April 2015. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- ↑ Gupta, Pratim D. (27 October 2008). "'Everyone's scared of Fashion'". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 27 April 2013.
- ↑ "December gives some respite with 2 hits". The Indian Express. 31 December 2008. Archived from the original on 5 February 2009. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- ↑ "Top 10 path breaking women oriented films of Bollywood". The Times of India. 8 March 2013. Archived from the original on 14 April 2013. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- ↑ Bhattacharya, Ananya (5 March 2013). "International Women's Day: Films that immortalised womanhood in the recent past". Zee News. Archived from the original on 7 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.