From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Those where the fish are raised in tanks
- Those where fish are raised in specially prepared areas of the oceans or of lakes.
There are many problems related to fish farming:
- Sometimes fish can escape. This is only an economical impact if the fish also occur naturally, but can have a big impact if they do not.
- The fish in the farms need to be fed, for this other (smaller) fish need to be raised.
- Diseases and parasites may be a problem, because they spread much easier
- Fish farms have a bad effect on the surrounding habitat