Fred: The Movie is a 2004 American comedy movie, directed by Clay Weiner. The movie is based on the adventures of Fred Figglehorn. He is a character created and played by Lucas Cruikshank for Cruikshank's YouTube channel. Critics gave the movie poor reviews. It has a 0% rating at Rotten Tomatoes and only 31% of audience members liked it. Common Sense Media said "YouTube star's movie is fraught with disaster for tweens." The Guardian's Peter Bradshaw wrote "The feature-film version of the squeaky-voiced YouTube hit is unbelievably irritating – and frankly a waste of time." But kids apparently liked it. The premiere of Fred: The Movie drew an audience of 7.6 million.
References[change | change source]
- "Dish Of Salt: Monday TV Round Up (MTV's 'Jersey Shore' In The House!)". Access Hollywood/NBC Universal, Inc. 14 December 2009. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "FRED: THE MOVIE (2010)". Rotten Tomatoes/Flixster, Inc. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Fred: The Movie". Common Sense Media Inc. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Peter Bradshaw. "Fred: The Movie – review". Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Robert Seidman (20 September 2010). "YouTube's Fred Also a Hit on TV; 'Fred: The Movie' Draws 7.6 Million Viewers". Tribune Digital Ventures. Archived from the original on 9 February 2015. Retrieved 19 July 2015.