|Directed by||Shawn Levy|
|Story by||Matt Lieberman|
|Edited by||Dean Zimmerman|
|Music by||Christophe Beck|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
|Box office||$50.9 million|
Free Guy is a 2021 American science fiction action comedy movie directed by Shawn Levy. It stars Ryan Reynolds (who also co-produced) as a bank teller named Guy who discovers he is actually a non-player character in an open-world video game. It also stars Taika Waititi, Jodie Comer, Lil Rel Howery, Utkarsh Ambudkar, and Joe Keery also star.
The film features cameo appearances from gamers and streamers Jacksepticeye, Ninja, Pokimane, DanTDM, and LazarBeam.
Free Guy was released in the United States on August 13, 2021 to positive reviews. A sequel to the film is also in development.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Dean Zimmerman, ACE - The Rough Cut". The Rough Cut. August 19, 2019. Archived from the original on July 25, 2020. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- ↑ "Free Guy". Archived from the original on May 16, 2021. Retrieved May 27, 2021.
- ↑ "The Low-Key Hustle of 'Free Guy' Filmmaker Shawn Levy: 'I'm Willing to Outwork Anybody'". The Hollywood Reporter. August 5, 2021. Retrieved August 5, 2021.
- ↑ "Free Guy (2021)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved August 15, 2021.
- ↑ Free Guy (2021). The Numbers. Nash Information Services, LLC. Retrieved August 15, 2021.
- ↑ McMillan, Grahame (October 3, 2019). "First Look at Ryan Reynolds' 'Free Guy' Wows New York Comic Con". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on December 8, 2019. Retrieved October 3, 2019.
- ↑ "'Free Guy 2' Status Revealed by 20th Century Studios President". Collider. 4 March 2022.