Exelby in 2007 with the Thrashers
August 16, 1981|
Craik, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||215 lb (98 kg; 15 st 5 lb)|
Atlanta Thrashers |
Toronto Maple Leafs
217th overall, 1999|
He has also played in the WHL for 4 seasons; 3 for the Saskatoon Blades and 1 for the Regina Pats. He was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers with the 217th pick in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft. He made his NHL debut with the Thrashers midway through the 2002-03 NHL season. He played 6 seasons with the Thrashers before being traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs along with Colin Stuart on July 1, 2009 for Pavel Kubina and the rights to Tim Stapleton. He became a free agent on July 1, 2010. He was signed by the Chicago Blackhawks on November 26, 2010 and he was assigned to their AHL farm team, the Rockford IceHogs. On July 5, 2011, he was signed by the Detroit Red Wings and was assigned to their AHL affiliate, Grand Rapids Griffins. The Boston Bruins signed Exelby as a free agent to a one-year, two-way contract on July 11, 2012.
References[change | change source]
- "Leafs Acquire Exelby & Stuart From Atlanta". Toronto Maple Leafs. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Blackhawks sign Exelby, assign to Rockford". Chicago Blackhawks. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Red Wings sign Pyett, Exelby". Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Bruins Sign Garnet Exelby and Lane MacDermid". Boston Bruins. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database