Wijnaldum with the Netherlands in 2016
|Full name||Georginio Gregion Emile Wijnaldum|
|Date of birth||11 November 1990|
|Place of birth||Rotterdam, Netherlands|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 May 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21 March 2019
Georginio Gregion Emile "Gini" Wijnaldum (born 11 November 1990) is a Dutch professional footballer. He plays for Ligue 1 club Paris Saint-Germain and the Netherlands national team. He plays as a midfielder. He was born in Rotterdam, South Holland.
Wijnaldum played for Eredivisie side Feyenoord in his youth. He went on to became the youngest person to ever player the club when he played his first game in 2007. After playing 134 matches for Feyenoord over five years, he signed for PSV Eindhoven in 2011. He won the KNVB Cup and Eredivisie title during his time at Eredivisie. He also earned the Dutch Footballer of the Year award during his time with PSV. In 2015, Wijnaldum joined Premier League side Newcastle United for £14.5 million. He left the club after their relegation a year later to join Liverpool in a £23 million deal.
Wijnaldum plays for the Netherlands. Since 2011, he has made over 50 caps. He was part of his country's squad which came third at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Honours[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Georginio Wijnaldum". Premier League. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
- "Georginio Wijnaldum: Liverpool sign midfielder from Newcastle for £25m". BBC Sport. 22 July 2016. Retrieved 8 May 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georginio Wijnaldum.|
- Georginio Wijnaldum Archived 2019-04-12 at the Wayback Machine at the Liverpool F.C. website
- Georginio Wijnaldum at Soccerbase