Netherlands national football team
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Flying Dutchmen
|Association||Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond (KNVB)|
|Head coach||Ronald Koeman|
|Captain||Virgil van Dijk|
|Most caps||Wesley Sneijder (134)|
|Top scorer||Robin van Persie (50)|
|Home stadium||Johan Cruyff Arena (54,990)|
De Kuip (51,117)
Philips Stadion (35,000)
|Current||14 (7 February 2019)|
|Highest||1 (August–September 2011)|
|Lowest||36 (August 2017)|
|Current||5 6 (3 March 2019)|
|Highest||1 (1978, 1988–1990, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2014)|
|Lowest||49 (October 1954)|
| Belgium 1–4 Netherlands |
(Antwerp, Belgium; 30 April 1905)
| Netherlands 11–0 San Marino |
(Eindhoven, Netherlands; 2 September 2011)
| England Amateurs 12–2 Netherlands |
(Darlington, England; 21 December 1907)[a]
|Appearances||10 (first in 1934)|
|Best result||Runners-up, 1974, 1978, and 2010|
|Appearances||9 (first in 1976)|
|Best result||Champions, 1988|
|Website||OnsOranje.nl (in Dutch)|
Most appearances[change | change source]
|1||Edwin van der Sar||130||0||1995-2008|
|2||Frank de Boer||112||13||1990-2004|
|5||Giovanni van Bronckhorst||86||5||1996-2010|
Top scorers[change | change source]
|4||Ruud van Nistelrooy||34||64||1998-2008, 2010-2012|
|9||Marco van Basten||24||58||1983-1992|
|10||Robin van Persie||19||51||2005-present|
References[change | change source]
- "Holland Football Facts". Holland.com. 25 July 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Holland's media-friendly football pros". Radio Netherlands Worldwide. 17 December 2011. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Van Nistelrooy delighted to help Dutch". UEFA.com. 5 May 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking". FIFA. 7 February 2019. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- The Netherlands reached the top spot in the FIFA ranking on 10 August 2011. FIFA published the ranking on 24 August.
- The Netherlands reach an all time low in the FIFA Rankings Archived 11 August 2017 at the Wayback Machine on 10 August 2017.
- Elo rankings change compared to one year ago. "World Football Elo Ratings". eloratings.net. 3 March 2019. Retrieved 3 March 2019.
- Note that this match is not considered to be a full international by the English Football Association, and does not appear in the records of the England team, because professional football had already been introduced in England at that time. In the Netherlands however, professional football would only be introduced in 1954, and before that time, players who left the Netherlands to turn pro in another country were banned from the national team.