The Nexus is a series of Android smartphones and tablets produced by Google in co-operation with some phone-making companies. The purpose of the Nexus phones and tablets is to offer a "pure Android experience", in which the phones or tablets come free of carrier or manufacturer modifications and with an unlockable bootloader to allow for further development and end-user modification. Nexus phones and tablets are considered the "flagship" Android devices.
Phones in the series:
Tablets in the series:
The series also had a media streaming device known as the Nexus Q, however it was never officially released because it didn't have enough features to make it worth using.
Related pages[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Bray, Tim (2010-12-20). "Android Developers Blog: It’s not “rooting”, it’s openness". Android-developers.blogspot.com. http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-not-rooting-its-openness.html. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Galaxy Nexus gets rooted, forums burst into applause". Engadget. 2011-11-03. https://www.engadget.com/2011/11/03/galaxy-nexus-gets-rooted-forums-burst-into-applause/. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Google Launches Android 2.3 Gingerbread and Nexus S Flagship Phone". Lifehacker.com. 2010-12-06. http://lifehacker.com/5707214/google-launches-android-23-gingerbread-and-nexus-s-flagship-phone. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- erica ho and brent rose (2011-10-18). "This Is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Google's New Official Android Phone". Gizmodo.com. http://gizmodo.com/5851133/samsung-galaxy-nexus-the-greatest-androids-got-a-720p-super-amoled-display. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Don’t diss my phone: Nexus S to get Ice Cream Sandwich within weeks". ZDNet. 2011-10-27. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-news/dont-diss-my-phone-nexus-s-to-get-ice-cream-sandwich-within-weeks/5214. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- "Exclusive: Samsung 'flagship' phone with Gingerbread and huge display coming in early 2011 (update)". Engadget. 2010-11-11. https://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/exclusive-samsung-flagship-phone-with-gingerbread-and-huge-di/. Retrieved 2011-11-22.
- Shanklin, Will (2011-07-21). "Nexus S On Its Way to AT&T - Too Late to Matter?". Gottabemobile.com. http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/07/21/nexus-s-on-its-way-to-att-too-late-to-matter/. Retrieved 2011-11-22.