A healthy lifestyle is one which helps to keep and improve people's health and well-being. Many governments and non-governmental organizations work at promoting healthy lifestyles. They measure the benefits with critical health numbers, including weight, blood sugar, blood pressure, and blood cholesterol. Healthy living is a lifelong effect. Being healthy includes healthy eating, physical activities, weight management, and stress management. Good health allows people to do many things.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Health promotion.|
Components of a healthy lifestyle[change | change source]
A healthy lifestyle is mostly associated with:
- Proper diet
- Physical exercise
- Proper sleeping pattern
- Personal hygiene
- Absence of bad habits or addiction
- Health education
- Safe environment
- Physical fitness
- Love through social support and healthy relationships
- Active social life
References[change | change source]
- Participants at the 6th Global Conference on Health Promotion. The Bangkok Charter for health promotion in a globalized world. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 2005 Aug 11. Accessed 2009 Feb 4.
- Kickbusch I. 2003. The contribution of the World Health Organization to a new public health and health promotion. Am J Public Health 93(3):383-8.  2009.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Health & Fitness Guide Fitness Information & Articles
- Health Library- Health Information
- Healthy Cities – WHO EURO Office
- Health-EU Portal Health Prevention and Promotion in the EU