|Date of birth||June 1, 1973|
|Place of birth||Bergisch Gladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Hair color||Blonde (dyed)|
|Measurements||35-24-34 (US); 89-61-86 (EU)|
|Weight||54 kilograms (119 lb)|
|Spouse(s)||Seal (m. 2005-2012, divorced)|
Biography[change | change source]
Heidi was born in Bergisch Gladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Her father was a company leader and her mother was a hair stylist. She won a modelling competition. She beat over 25,000 other people. She got $300,000 from it, and modeled in the United States. She has been on the cover of many magazines. These include Vogue Magazine, Elle, and Marie Claire. She became famous for being in Sports Illustrated.
She is now the host and a judge on Project Runway. It is a show where clothing designers compete to win $100,000 to make designs. She had chances to win Emmys for the first three seasons of the show. She also is the host of Germany's Next Topmodel. It is similar to America's Next Top Model which is hosted by Tyra Banks.
Personal life[change | change source]
Heidi married Ric Pipino in 1997. Ric was a hair stylist for famous people. They separated in 2002. After the separation, Klum was with race car businessman Flavio Briatore. She became pregnant with his baby. They separated after he was with another woman. Her daughter was born on 4 May 2004 in New York City. Her name is Helene 'Leni' Klum.
She was in a relationship with Seal, a musician, while pregnant with Leni. They were married 10 May 2005 in Mexico. They have two sons, Henry Günther Ademola Dashtu Samuel, born 12 September 2005 in Los Angeles, California, and Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel born 22 November 2006 in Los Angeles. They also have a daughter together named Lou born 9 October 2009. Briatore is not in Leni's life. Seal acts as Leni's father and has adopted her. The couple divorced in 2012.
References[change | change source]
- "Mark Seal". Celebrated Living Magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
- "Heidi Klum". heidiklum.com. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
- "Heidi Klum Celebrates Emmy Nom". US Weekly. 2007-07-19. Retrieved 2007-08-25.
- Guy Adams (2007-05-20). "Heidi Klum: A supermodel with a sense of humour". The Independent. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- "Klum names son after her dad and Seal". People magazine. 2005-09-14. Retrieved 2007-08-25.
- Stephen M. Silverman (2006-11-23). "Heidi Klum and Seal Have a Boy". People magazine. Retrieved 2007-08-25.
- William Keck (2007-12-03). "Celeb Watch: Heidi Klum relishes her model family life". USA Today. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official Website
- Heidi Klum on IMDb
- Heidi Klum in the Fashion Model Directory (FMD)
- Heidi Klum at People.com
- Interview with Der Spiegel, February 12 2006
- Heidi Klum Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Photo Gallery at SI.com
- Heidi Klum Pregnant but not with his Child
- AOL Books Interview about the book Body of Knowledge
- Express.de article (in German)