|Also known as||Heidi Pratt|
|Born||September 15, 1986
Crested Butte, Colorado, U.S.
|Occupations||Television personality, actress, singer, fashion designer|
Early life[change | change source]
Heidi was born on September 15, 1986 in Colorado. She has an older sister, Holly Montag (born 1983). She graduated from high school and after that, attended the Academy of Art University in California.
"The Hills"[change | change source]
During "The Hills", she started dating Spencer Pratt. She later married him, but the other people on "The Hills", especially Conrad, hated Pratt. Because of this, Montag and Pratt became portrayed as "the villains" of the series. Montag and Pratt were removed from "The Hills" in 2010. This was after Pratt had told one of the producers that he would kill him. Pratt was ordered to take anger management classes, but even after that, they would not rehire him and his wife. Montag had also filed charges against The Hills creator Adam Divello, claiming sexual harassment.
Music career[change | change source]
Montag started working on her own music album in 2007. In 2009, she performed her song "Body Language" on the Miss Universe beauty pageant show in the Bahamas. Her performance was disliked by critics and many other people.
She released her debut album in 2010. It was called "Superficial" and it sold only 1,000 copies in its first week. It received negative reviews. Despite all the negative reactions, Montag has said that she will release another album.
Fashion and acting career[change | change source]
In 2008, Montag debuted her first fashion collection, Heidiwood, in Los Angeles. She later designed more clothes.
She appeared in the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, as herself, together with husband Spencer Pratt, in 2009. Also in 2009, she and Spencer Pratt took part in reality series I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here!. The couple quit the show after a few episodes. They said that they were "tortured" on the show.
In June 2009, it was confirmed that Montag would pose for Playboy. She appeared on the cover of the September 2009 issue of the magazine. In November 2009, Montag and Pratt released their first book, How To Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture.
Montag had a small role in the 2011 comedic movie, Just Go With It!. The movie starred Jennifer Aniston.
Montag was one of seven celebrities in the VH1 reality series, Famous Food. The series ran from July to September 2011. It was won by DJ Paul. She and Pratt were housemates in the January 2013 series of Celebrity Big Brother (UK).
Personal life[change | change source]
In July 2010, Montag filed for divorce. Tabloid magazines and others suggested that this was fake, because the couple were still seen together in public. They told press that they were on "friendly terms" but still divorcing. In September they called off the divorce and renewed their vows.
Plastic surgery[change | change source]
Montag has made headlines for her plastic surgery. She has undergone nose correction, chin correction, suction of fat off her hips, many others and best known, a breast enlargement. In 2010, she had ten surgeries in one day, which almost killed her. Montag "upgraded" her breasts to the maximum size. Later, after her surgeries, she said that she could not live with the size of her breasts, and wants to have them reduced back.
References[change | change source]
- "Heidi Montag: Snapshot". People. http://www.people.com/people/heidi_montag. Retrieved 2009-04-24.
- Heffernan, Virginia (2006-05-31). "The Hills, a Follow-Up to Laguna Beach, Makes Its Premiere on MTV". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/31/arts/television/31heff.html?ex=1306728000&en=fe39fc3b2b081c2f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Spencer Pratt to Crash Hills Finale Party? - UsMagazine.com". Us Magazine. 2010-07-13. http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/spencer-pratt-to-crash-hills-finale-party-2010137. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "'The Hills': Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag may not return for series finale - From Inside the Box - Zap2it". zap2it.com. 2010-05-12. http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/the-hills-spencer-pratt-and-heidi-montag-may-not-return-for-series-finale.html. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Everett, Cristina (2010-04-15). "Heidi Montag to sue 'The Hills' creator Adam DiVello for sexual harassment". New York Daily News. http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/04/15/2010-04-15_heidi_montag_to_sue_the_hills_creator_adam_divello_for_sexual_harassment_she_doe.html. Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- "MTV'S Heidi Montag Shows Off Her Own Hills". Us Weekly: p. 5. 2007-02-06. Archived from the original on 2010-10-29. http://web.archive.org/web/20101029014353/http://www.usmagazine.com/mtvs_heidi_montag_shows_off_her_own_hills_1?page=5. Retrieved 2007-03-26.
- "Heidi Montag Shows Off Her 'Body Language' At Miss Universe - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. 2009-08-24. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1619291/heidi-montag-shows-off-her-body-language-at-miss-universe.jhtml. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Heidi Montag rips off Britney Spears at Miss Universe pageant". The Daily Telegraph. 2009-08-25. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/music/heidi-montag-rips-off-britney-spears-at-miss-universe-pageant/story-e6frexl9-1225765725290. Retrieved 2012-01-04.
- "Heidi Montag's album an early flop". music.msn.com. 2010-01-21. http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=453244&silentchk=1&. Retrieved 2010-01-28.
- "Spencer, Heidi jeopardize their fragile 'fame'". MSNBC.com. 2009-06-09. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31187605/. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- Everett, Cristina (2009-06-08). "Report: Heidi and Spencer Pratt 'torture' allegations are false - New York Daily News". New York Daily News. http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-06-08/gossip/17925835_1_spencer-pratt-torture-heidi-montag. Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- "Heidi Montag Poses for Playboy - Heidi Montag : People.com". People. 2009-06-11. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20284791,00.html. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "Heidi Montag - Celeb - Heidi Montag Nude Pics - Playboy". Playboy. http://www.playboy.com/girl/heidi-montag/. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "Review: 'How To Be Famous' by Heidi Montag & Spencer Pratt". Now Magazine. 2009-11-10. http://www.okmagazine.com/news/review-how-be-famous-heidi-montag-spencer-pratt. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "Ashley Dupre, Heidi Montag to Star in VH1 Reality Show". Fox News. 2011-04-20. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/04/20/ashley-dupre-heidi-montag-star-vh1-reality/. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "'Famous Food': And The Winner Is... (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. 2011-09-08. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/08/famous-food-and-the-winner-is_n_954086.html. Retrieved 2012-01-03.