Hung (TV series)
Hung is an American comedy-drama television series on HBO, created by Dmitry Lipkin and Colette Burson. Thomas Jane acts as "Ray Drecker", a high school basketball coach in suburban Detroit, Michigan, who has little money and who works as a prostitute.
Production[change | change source]
The first episode was directed by Alexander Payne. Payne helps make Hung along with Lipkin, Burson, and Blueprint Entertainment. Lipkin and Burson’s script was the first big purchase by HBO's new owner Sue Naegle in April 2008. This move led the writers to immediately work on five more episodes for the series, a total of ten episodes. On December 18, 2008, it was said that HBO picked up the dark comedy. The show premiered on June 28, 2009.
The theme song for Hung is "I'll Be Your Man" by The Black Keys.
The second season had 10 episodes. It premiered on June 27, 2010 and ended on September 12, 2010. On September 2, 2010, HBO renewed Hung for a third season of 10 episodes. The season will start on October 2, 2011.
Cast[change | change source]
- Thomas Jane as Ray Drecker
- Jane Adams as Tanya
- Anne Heche as Jessica Haxon
- Charlie Saxton as Damon Drecker
- Sianoa Smit-McPhee as Darby Drecker
- Eddie Jemison as Ronnie Haxon
- Rebecca Creskoff as Lenore
References[change | change source]
- Nellie Andreeva (December 18, 2008). "HBO picks up 'Hung'". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 2009-04-30. https://web.archive.org/web/20090430022917/http://themovingpicture.net/hbo-picks-up-thomas-jane%E2%80%99s-hung.
- "Keck's Exclusives: Hung Takes a Transgender Turn". TV Guide Network. Lions Gate Entertainment. tvguide.com. http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Hung-1034931.aspx. Retrieved 2011-08-14.