|This article has a list of references or other websites, but its sources are not clear because it does not have inline citations. (February 2018)|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2018)|
International relations is a branch of political science. It represents the study of foreign affairs and global issues among states within the international system, including the roles of states, international organizations (IGOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and multinational corporations (MNCs).
United Nations[change | change source]
The United Nations (UN) is an international organization that describes itself as a "global association of governments facilitating co-operation in international law, international security, economic development, and social equity"; It is the most prominent international institution. Many of the legal institutions follow the same organisational structure as the UN.
Economic institutions[change | change source]
- World Trade Organisation
- World Bank
- International Monetary Fund
- African Development Bank
- Asian Development Bank
International legal bodies[change | change source]
Human rights[change | change source]
- United Nations Human Rights Council
- Human Rights Committee
- European Court of Human Rights
- Inter-American Court of Human Rights
- International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda
- International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
- International Criminal Court
Legal[change | change source]
- International Court of Justice
- European Court of Justice
- African Court of Justice
- International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
Regional security arrangements[change | change source]
Related pages[change | change source]
- Thomas Hobbes Leviathan
- Immanuel Kant Perpetual Peace
- Niccolò Machiavelli The Prince
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau The social contract
- Thucydides The History of the Peloponnesian war
References[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Department of International Studies, Universidad de Guadalajara
- ASERI - Postgraduate School of Economics and International Relations (Italy)
- Fundação Armando Alvares Penteado - Graduate School of Economics and International Relations(Brazil)
- The German Marshall Fund of the United States - Strengthening Transatlantic Cooperation
- International Relations and Security Network (ISN) - An online service providing a wide range of free, high quality IR resources, including news, electronic publications, academic research papers, e-learning courses, links and dossiers.
- Global Change, Peace and Security
- InfoRel - Brazilian online newspaper on International Relations and Brazilian foreign policy. In Portuguese
- Article on Realism x Liberalism - Harvard International Review article promoting virtues of Liberalism over Realism
- The Foreign Relations of the United States: The Foreign Relations of the United States series is the official documentary historical record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions that have been declassified and edited for publication. The series is produced by the State Department's Office of the Historian and printed volumes are available from the Government Printing Office. This digital collection has been digitized and is publicly accessible from the University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center.
- International Relations Resource Center
- World Association of International Studies Stanford University Politics and Culture Forum
- Briefing paper series of "Master of International Relations" studies, Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand
- Wikifutures Geopolitical Scenarios
- Abstracts of seminal books and articles in the academic study of International Relations
- Cosmopolitikos.com - The principal objective of Cosmopolitikos.com is to provide the students of International Relations and the practitioners with the best set of tools to reach an understanding of World politics.
- Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs
- International Relations Academic Research Community - Highly respected student club in Bilkent University. Lots of IR articles and more
- GlobalPolitics - Information about the governments of the world and the businesses that influence the political process.
- International Progress Organization - NGO in consultative status with the UN, dealing with international law issues
- The Indian National Interest - Geopolitics and strategic affairs from an Indian perspective
- PDF (449 KiB) - Article outlining a more equitable system of global relations.
- University of Business and International Studies, Geneva Switzerland.
- Soldiers of Peace International Association: UN recognised NGO - colloquium on global security through the United Nations
- The Graduate Program in International Affairs at The New School