Jinder Mahal on December 10, 2011
July 19, 1986|
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Jinder Mahal
Tiger Raj Singh
Raj "The Future" Desi
|Billed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Billed from||Punjab, India|
|Trained by||Rick Titan
Bad News Allen
Florida Championship Wrestling
Yuvraj "Raj" Dhesi (born July 19, 1986 in Calgary, Alberta) is an Indian-Canadian professional wrestler. He is best known for his time working with the WWE under the ring name Jinder Mahal. He has also worked under the ring name Tiger Raj Singh. During his time there, Mahal was known for being part of the stable 3MB along with Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre.
On June 12, 2014, Mahal was released from his WWE contract. However, he returned in August of 2016 looking much stronger than when he left. At WrestleMania 33, he was the last person eliminated from the André the Giant Memorial Battle Royale which was won by Mojo Rawley. On the April 18, 2017 episode of SmackDown, he won a #1 contender's six-pack challenge for the WWE Championship and at Backlash, he won the title from Randy Orton. This made him the first wrestler with family from India to win the title.
Championships[change | change source]
- Prairie Wrestling Alliance
- PWA Heavyweight Championship (one time)
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- He was ranked #336 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2011.
- Stampede Wrestling
- WWE Championship (one time)
References[change | change source]
- "Brodus Clay, Evan Bourne, Teddy Long, Curt Hawkins and other WWE Superstars released". WWE. http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-releases-brodus-clay-evan-bourne-curt-hawkins-other-superstars-june-12-2014-26386880. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "Tiger Raj Singh ready for WWE experience". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/02/21/12969671.html. Retrieved 2014-01-02.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2011". Internet Wrestling Database. http://www.profightdb.com/pwi-500/2011.html. Retrieved 2014-01-02.