Mohamed Zain bin Shamsuddin
5 November 1935
|Died||1 March 2017 (aged 81)|
|Resting place||Al-Ridzuan Mosque, Hulu Kelang Muslim, Selangor|
|Alma mater||London Film School|
|Spouse(s)||Rahmah Rahmat |
Puan Sri Halijah Abdullah
Tan Sri Mohamed Zain bin Shamsuddin (5 November 1935 – 1 March 2017), known professionally as Jins Shamsuddin, was a Malaysian movie actor, director and politician. He is known for his role in Bukit Kepong (1981).
On 13 October 2004, he became the first actor-politician in Malaysia following his appointment as a member of the Dewan Negara in the 11th Parliament of Malaysia. He continued to be a Senator for two terms until 11 February 2011.
He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in February 2011, causing him unable to speak and unable to recognising anybody else, including his family. Following several years of bad health, Shamsuddin died at 5:45 pm at a clinic in Taman Melawati, after choking on cekodok on Wednesday, 1 March 2017 at the age of 81. Shamsuddin's second son Putera Hang Nadim confirmed on his father's death.
References[change | change source]
- Niezam Abdullah (13 September 2011). "Filem 'Bukit Kepong' Ikut Fakta Sejarah - Jins Shamsuddin". mStar Online (in Malay). Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- Melati Pusaka. "Jins Shamsuddin: Bintang filem yang pernah jadi YB". Free Malaysia Today (in Malay). Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Legendary actor Jins Shamsuddin dies". The Star Online. 1 March 2017. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Raja Nurfatimah Mawar Mohamed (1 March 2017). "Seniman legenda, Jins Shamsuddin meninggal dunia". BH Online. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- Ariffudin Ishak (1 March 2017). "Seniman Negara Jins Shamsuddin Meninggal Dunia". mSTAR Online. Retrieved 2 March 2017.
- "Jins Shamsuddin meninggal dunia". Free Malaysia Today. 1 March 2017. Retrieved 2 March 2017.