|Died||October 19, 2009 (aged 91)|
Manhattan, New York City, U.S.
(m. 1943; div. 1943)
(m. 1964; died 2009)
Joseph Wiseman (May 15, 1918 – October 19, 2009) was a Canadian-American actor. He was well known for starring as the villain Julius No in the first James Bond movie, Dr. No in 1962.
Wiseman was also known for his role as Manny Weisbord on the TV series Crime Story, and his career on Broadway. He was once called "the spookiest actor in the American theatre."
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Bernstein, Adam (21 October 2009). "Joseph Wiseman, Broadway actor who played Dr. No, dies at 91" – via www.washingtonpost.com.
- ↑ Brustein, Robert (December 26, 1964). "Muddy Track at Lincoln Center". The New Republic. Vol. 151, no. 26. pp. 26–27.
- 1918 births
- 2009 deaths
- Naturalized citizens of the United States
- Canadian movie actors
- Canadian television actors
- Canadian voice actors
- Canadian stage actors
- Canadian radio actors
- American movie actors
- American television actors
- American voice actors
- American stage actors
- American radio actors
- Actors from Montreal
- Actors who played Bond villains