January 6, 1984
|Occupation||Actress, voice actress, comedian|
Kate McKinnon Berthold (born January 6, 1984), commonly known as Kate McKinnon, is an American actress, voice actress, and comedian. She is best known for her sketch comedy work as a cast member on Saturday Night Live (2012-2022) and The Big Gay Sketch Show.
Career[change | change source]
McKinnon is known for her impersonations of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Ellen DeGeneres, Justin Bieber, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Chancellor Angela Merkel, Trump advisor Kellyanne Conway, Mayor Rudy Giuliani, U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos and Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
References[change | change source]
- Shuster, Yelena (March 2007). "One Funny Voice at a Time". Columbia College Today. Archived from the original on 21 February 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Gay, Verne (29 March 2012). "Kate McKinnon joining 'SNL' cast". Newsday. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie; White, Peter (May 20, 2022). "'SNL': Kate McKinnon, Aidy Bryant & Kyle Mooney To Exit Alongside Pete Davidson As Major Cast Shake-Up Set For Season Finale". Deadline. Retrieved May 20, 2022.
- "Cast Bios: Kate McKinnon". NBC.com. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- Piccoli, Dana (July 18, 2016). "10 Reasons Why Kate McKinnon is Hollywood's New Queer Heartthrob". After Ellen. Retrieved October 25, 2016.
- Gilchrist, Tracy E. (April 8, 2012). "SNL's First Out Lesbian Featured Player Kate McKinnon Makes Splash with Penelope Cruz Pantene Sketch". SheWired. Here Media. Archived from the original on February 12, 2016. Retrieved April 10, 2012.
- "Kate McKinnon: Who is SNL's first openly lesbian cast member?". The Week.