The Knowledge Graph (also known as Knowledge Panel) is a feature in the Google search engine. It gets information from several sources, like the CIA World Factbook, Wikidata, and Wikipedia. It is used to show important information and pictures about a person, group, or subject. The Knowledge Graph was added to Google in 2012. After that, lots of Knowledge Graphs were created. Google says that Knowledge Graphs answer about one third of all Google searches. Some people do not like the Knowledge Graph because it does not cite any sources. Information from the Knowledge Graph is used to answer spoken questions in Google Assistant and Google Home voice queries.
Google shows most searched query as the knowledge panel where user gets all the relevant information on one place.
References[change | change source]
- Schwartz, Barry (December 17, 2014). "Google's Freebase To Close After Migrating To Wikidata: Knowledge Graph Impact?". Search Engine Roundtable. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Singhal, Amit (May 16, 2012). "Introducing the Knowledge Graph: Things, Not Strings". Google Official Blog. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "Your business information in the Knowledge Panel". Google My Business Help. Google. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Newton, Casey (December 4, 2012). "Google's Knowledge Graph tripled in size in seven months". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Lynley, Matthew (May 18, 2016). "Google unveils Google Assistant, a virtual assistant that's a big upgrade to Google Now". TechCrunch. Oath Inc. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Kovach, Steve (October 4, 2016). "Google is going to win the next major battle in computing". Business Insider. Axel Springer SE. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- Bohn, Dieter (May 18, 2016). "Google Home: a speaker to finally take on the Amazon Echo". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved December 10, 2017.
- "What is Google Knowledge Panel and How to Claim Knowledge Panel?". Sunil Butolia. 2019-09-29. Archived from the original on 2020-08-07. Retrieved 2020-05-09.
- Butolia, Sunil (2019). Google Knowledge Panel Mastery. Delhi: Amazon KDP. p. 5. ISBN 978-1651565360.