Kubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat"
|Company / developer||Canonical Ltd and community contributors|
|Source model||Open source|
|Latest stable release||13.04 / April 25, 2013|
|Kernel type||Monolithic kernel|
|Default user interface||KDE|
|License||Free software licenses
Kubuntu is a version of the free Linux distribution Ubuntu. It uses the desktop environment KDE instead of GNOME. Most of the software used in Kubuntu, is part of the KDE project, but all other software used in Ubuntu can also be used.
Because the only difference of Kubuntu and Ubuntu is the default software, an Ubuntu system can turn into a Kubuntu system, or a Kubuntu system into an Ubuntu system, only by installing some software.
Some examples of changes in software:
- Adept is used instead of Synaptic
- Konqueror is used instead of Firefox
- Kopete is used instead of Gaim
- KTorrent is used instead of Transmission
Related pages[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kubuntu|
References[change | change source]
- "Kubuntu". DistroWatch. http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=kubuntu. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Riddell, Jonathan. "Ten years of Kubuntu". lwn.net. https://lwn.net/Articles/635880/. Retrieved 20 February 2016.