Let It Be (song)
|"Let It Be"|
|Song by the Beatles
from the album Let It Be
|Released||8 May 1970|
|Let It Be track listing|
Both the Let It Be album and the US single "The Long and Winding Road" were released after McCartney's announced departure from and subsequent break-up of the group.
"Let It Be" holds the number-one spot on "The Fans' Top 10" poll included in The 100 Best Beatles Songs: An Informed Fan's Guide by Stephen J. Spignesi and Michael Lewis. The song is number three in the 100 Best Beatles Songs list, only behind "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "A Day in the Life", which is number one.
Other websites[change | change source]
- The Beatles Anthology, Episode 8 (DVD). EMI. Event occurs at 0:53:40.
- "The Beatles, Let it Be... Naked". The Observer Music Monthly (London). 19 October 2003. http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/10bestcds/story/0,,1062879,00.html. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- The Beatles (2000). Anthology. Chronicle Books.
- Calkin, Graham (2000). "Let It Be". http://www.jpgr.co.uk/r5833.html. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- "Gold & Platinum Searchable Database - The Beatles Platinum Singles". RIAA. 2009. http://riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=SEARCH_RESULTS&action=&title=&artist=The%20Beatles&format=SINGLE&debutLP=&category=&sex=&releaseDate=&requestNo=&type=&level=&label=&company=&certificationDate=&awardDescription=Platinum&catalogNo=&aSex=&rec_id=&charField=&gold=&platinum=&multiPlat=&level2=&certDate=&album=&id=&after=&before=&startMonth=1&endMonth=1&startYear=1958&endYear=2009&sort=Artist&perPage=25. Retrieved 9 July 2009.
- "Let It Be". The Beatles Bible. 2007. http://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/let-it-be/2/. Retrieved 15 October 2007.
- "Let It Be". Second Hand Songs. 2007. http://www.secondhandsongs.com/song/2767.html. Retrieved 21 October 2007.