LinkedIn is a social networking website for people in professional jobs. The company started in December 2002, and the website opened May 5, 2003. Users can make connections with other people they have worked with, post their work experience and skills, look for jobs, and look for workers. The site is available in many languages, including most European languages, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, and Malay. LinkedIn has more than 200 million members around the world.
Statistics[change | change source]
In January 2013, the countries with the most LinkedIn users were:
- United States with 74 million members
- India with 18 million members
- United Kingdom with 11 million members
- Brazil with 11 million members
- Canada with 7 million members
References[change | change source]
- LinkedIn Press About Page
- "Look who's talking Russian, Romanian and Turkish now!". June 21, 2011. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- "LinkedIn launches in Japan". translatemedia.com. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "Czech police arrest Russian tied to 2012 LinkedIn hack". Reuters. 2016-10-19. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "Microsoft to buy LinkedIn for $26.2 billion in its largest deal". Reuters. 2016-06-14. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- "LinkedIn Statistics by country". March 3, 2012. Archived from the original on January 9, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2013.