Maria Redaelli at her 113th birthday in April 2012
Maria Angela Redaelli
Inzago (Province of Milan), Italy
|Died||2 April 2013
(aged 113 years, 364 days)
Filanda, Lombardy, Italy
|Occupation||Silk spinning mill worker|
|Spouse(s)||Gaspare Granoli (deceased)|
Maria Granoli (Maria Redaelli; 3 April 1899 – 2 April 2013) was an Italian supercentenarian. At the time of her death, just one day shy of her 114th birthday, she was the oldest living person in Italy, the oldest living person in Europe, and the 4th oldest living person in the world.
Redaelli was born on 3 April 1899 in Inzago (Province of Milan), Lombardy, Italy. She was married to Gaspare Granoli until his death. They had two children; one died. Redaelli died on 2 April 2013 (just one day away from her 114th birthday) in her home in Filanda, Lombardy, Italy from natural causes, aged 113. After that, Emma Morano become the the oldest living person in Italy and Europe.
References[change | change source]
- (Italian) http://video.repubblica.it/edizione/milano/e-milanese-la-donna-piu-vecchia-d-europa/98027?video=&ref=HRESS-4
- "Oldest Validated Living Supercentenarians". Gerontology Research Group. http://grg.org/Adams/E.HTM. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- (Italian) http://archiviostorico.corriere.it/2009/aprile/04/Maria_110_anni_mie_passioni_co_7_090404001.shtml
- (Italian) http://archiviostorico.corriere.it/2004/aprile/04/interista_105_anni_sogno_incontrare_co_7_040404029.shtml
- (Italian) http://www.scienzaespirito.it/files/longevita.html