Mario Kart 8
|Mario Kart 8|
|Developer(s)||Nintendo EAD Group No. 1|
|Release date(s)||JP May 29, 2014
NA May 30, 2014
EU May 30, 2014
AUS May 31, 2014
The game is like other Mario Kart games, where characters from the Mario series race each other in go-karts. Players are able to use items from item boxes to keep their opponents from winning. Along with go-karts, the game also has motorcycles. There are 12 players in a race. Like in Mario Kart 7, karts have hang-gliding attachments, and players are able to drive underwater. For the first time in the series, players are able to drive on walls and ceilings. There are two new types of vehicles: UFOs and four-wheel buggies. There is local and online multiplayer for up to 12 players. Players include Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, etc.
The first DLC track pack was revealed in October 2014. 
References[change | change source]
- Wii U Developer Direct - Mario Kart 8 @E3 2013 - YouTube
- "Mario Kart 8: Release Data". GameFAQs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/700050-mario-kart-8/data. Retrieved 2014-6-5.
- Osborn, Alex (January 29, 2014). "Mario Kart 8 Releasing in May, Greater Focus on GamePad, NFC Game Announcements Coming at E3". Game Revolution. http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/mario-kart-8-releasing-in-may-greater-focus-on-gamepad-nfc-game-announcements-coming-at-e3-23853.
- Mario Kart 8 launching on Wii U in spring 2014 (video)
- "No date for Mario Kart 8, but a new trailer". http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-18-no-date-for-mario-kart-8-but-a-new-trailer.
- Phillips, Tom (October 22, 2014). "Mario Kart 8 DLC trailer reveals a familiar retro track". Eurogamer. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-22-mario-kart-8-dlc-trailer-reveals-a-familiar-retro-track. Retrieved October 26, 2014.