|• Total||4.54 sq mi (11.76 km2)|
|• Land||4.51 sq mi (11.68 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2)|
|• Estimate (2011)||4,321|
|• Density||959.2/sq mi (370.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||715 & 534|
Medford is a city in Taylor County, Wisconsin, United States. As of the 2010 census, 4,326 people lived there. Memford is the county seat of Taylor County. The city is mostly in the boundaries of the Town of Medford.
Geography[change | edit source]
The city has a total area of 4.54 square miles (11.76 km2). Of this, 4.51 square miles (11.68 km2) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.08 km2) is water. There are over 4,000 people in the city of Medford.
Notable people[change | edit source]
References[change | edit source]
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/files/Gaz_places_national.txt. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2011/files/SUB-EST2011-IP.csv. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
Other websites[change | edit source]
- City of Medford, Wisconsin official site
- Medford Chamber of Commerce
- “Carnegie Libraries: The Future Made Bright”, a National Park Service Teaching with Historic Places (TwHP) lesson plan
- Medford Area Public School District Webpage
- Holy Rosary Catholic School Webpage
- Immanuel Lutheran School Web Site