|Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip|
|Directed by||Clyde Geronimi|
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Music by||Leigh Harline|
|Animation by||Ray Abrams|
|Backgrounds by||Jim Carmichael|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip is a 1940 American animated short film produced by Walt Disney Productions and released by RKO Radio Pictures. The film was directed by Clyde Geronimi and features original music by Leigh Harline and Oliver Wallace. The film was animated by Clyde Geronimi, Ken Muse, Ed Love, Marvin Woodward, and Ray Abrams. The voice cast includes Walt Disney as Mickey, Lee Millar as Pluto, and Billy Bletcher as Pete. It was the 109th short in the Mickey Mouse film series to be released, and the third for that year.
The fame of the short has since grown some historical significance, as Walt Disney himself was filmed recording his lines as Mickey Mouse for it, making it one of the only times he was shown doing his voice on camera. Alongside him as voice dubbing is actor Billy Bletcher as the voice of Pete.
Releases[change | change source]
- 1940 – Original theatrical release
- c. 1980s – "A Disney Vacation" (TV)
- 1986 – "Adventures with Mickey" (TV)
- 1998 – The Ink and Paint Club, episode # 1.43: "On Vacation" (TV)
- 2009 – Have a Laugh! (TV)
Home media[change | change source]
The short was released on May 18, 2004 on Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Living Color, Volume Two: 1939-Today.
Additional releases include:
- c. 1965 – Highlights included in "Mickey's Memorable Moments, Volume 2" (Super 8)
- 1984 – "Cartoon Classics - Limited Gold Edition: Mickey" (VHS)
- 1987 – "Memorable Mickey" (VHS)
- 1998 – "The Spirit of Mickey" (VHS)
- 2006 – "Walt Disney's Funny Factory: With Mickey" (DVD)
- 2009 – "Walt Disney Animation Collection: Classic Short Films Volume 1: Mickey and the Beanstalk" (DVD)
- 2010 – "Have a Laugh!: Volume 2" (DVD)
References[change | change source]
- Smith, Dave (1996). "Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip". Disney A to Z: The Official Encyclopedia (1st ed.). New York: Hyperion. pp. 336. ISBN 0-7868-8149-6.
- Kaufman, J.B.; Gerstein, David (2018). Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse: The Ultimate History. Cologne: Taschen. ISBN 978-3-8365-5284-4.
- "Mr. Mouse Takes A Trip". www.bcdb.com
- Lenburg, Jeff (1999). The Encyclopedia of Animated Cartoons. Checkmark Books. pp. 107–109. ISBN 0-8160-3831-7. Retrieved 6 June 2020.
- "Mickey Mouse in Living Color Volume 2 DVD Review". DVD Dizzy. Retrieved 19 February 2021.[permanent dead link]
- The Old Film Company