|Atal Nagar-Nava Raipur|
From top, left to right: Capitol Complex, Secretariat Chhattisgarh, Avinash Times Square Mall, Naya Raipur BRTS, International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur, Indian Institute of Management Raipur, Hidayatullah National Law University, Swagat Vatika Cloverleaf interchange, Nandanvan Jungle Safari, Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium
|• Body||Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran|
|• Official||Hindi, Chhattisgarhi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||CG 04|
|Nearest city||Raipur, Bhilai, Durg|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Raipur (Lok Sabha constituency)|
|Civic agency||Nava Raipur Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran|
Nava Raipur, officially Atal Nagar-Nava Raipur, is a planned city in Indian state of Chhattisgarh. The city is meant to replace Raipur as the capital of Chhattisgarh. The Government of Chhattisgarh is at Naya Raipur. The city is between National Highway 53 and National Highway 30. It is about 17 km (11 mi) south-east of Raipur. Swami Vivekananda Airport is between Raipur and Nava Raipur. Nava Raipur has 17,000 ha (42,000 acres) of land. About 8,000 ha (20,000 acres) is used for 41 villages. The core of the city is 27 of these villages.
About half of the land is for public uses. 23% of the land is for government and educational institutions. About 30% of the land is for people to live on and for economical uses. According to the plan, 560,000 people will be able to live in the city by phase III. The city should be at Phase III by 2031. There are also plans for the city to grow in size and to upgrade its infrastructure in the future.
Ideas for development[change | change source]
- Naya Raipur will be a ‘green city’ in many ways. Trees will be planted in large areas. There are plans for water conservation and waste water recycling. Non-conventional energy resources will be used.
- Naya Raipur will show the rich heritage and culture of Chhattisgarh and India in its urban design and architecture. Special efforts will make it a people friendly and visitor friendly city.
- The city's design will give a sense of security and comfort to its citizens, especially women, children and the physically challenged.
Sports[change | change source]
Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Cricket Stadium is a new cricket field in the city. 65,000 people can enter. It opened in 2008. It is the second largest cricket stadium in India and the fourth largest cricket stadium in the world by seating capacity.
A half marathon, with the theme "Let us run" was in the stadium 16 December 2012 to mark Vijay Diwas.
Sunil Gavaskar rated this stadium to as one of the best stadiums in the country and said it should be used for all types of matches.
References[change | change source]
- "Naya Raipur renamed Nava Raipur". Daily Pioneer. 2019.
- Mary N. Woods (2016). Women Architects in India: Histories of Practice in Mumbai and Delhi. Taylor & Francis. p. 195. ISBN 978-1-134-77422-7.
Naya Raipur, a city planned for 500,000 residents on 11,000 acres, must embody government aspirations for the entire state. It will replace the polluted, antiquated, and overcrowded old capital of Raipur.
- "History Of Atal Nagar". Atal Nagar Vikas Pradhikaran. Archived from the original on 26 May 2019. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
Atal Nagar, as the name suggests, is the new upcoming state capital of Chhattisgarh.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- TNN (27 November 2012). "Half marathon in Naya Raipur – TOI". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2013.