Ngô Thị Chính
Biography[change | change source]
Ngô Thị Chính was born in Đăng Xương, Huế, daughter of Attorney General Ngô Văn Sở and lady Nguyễn Thị Đích. She also had 2 younger brother named Thắng and Thọ.
Lady Chính married Minh Mạng while he was still as Crown Prince. In 1820, Minh Mạng crowned, lady Chính was granted the title Cung tần (Imperial maid), as well as other concubines of him. Because at that time, lady Hồ Thị Hoa had died after giving birth to Miên Tông (Thiệu Trị later), lady Chính was the primary wife of Minh Mạng, leader of the harem.
Not long after that, she was granted Tam giai Hiền tần (Third-rank of Royal Concubine Hiền tần). The First and Second-rank was emptied, so Hiền tần still kept the highest rank in the harem. In 1836, she was elevated to Nhất giai Hiền phi (First-rank of Royal Concubine Hiền phi).
Although more than 40, Hiền Phi still gave birth to a son, proving that she was still loved by the emperor despite her age.
Children[change | change source]
Hiền phi Ngô Thị Chính gave birth to 9 children for Minh Mạng:
- Prince Nguyễn Phúc Chính (August 26, 1807 – 1808), the second prince, died prematurely.
- Second-rank Prince of Vĩnh Tường, Nguyễn Phúc Miên Hoành (July 12, 1811 – November 23, 1835), the 5th prince.
- Princess Nguyễn Phúc Ngọc Tông (July 17, 1812 – April 3, 1824), the eldest princess, died young.
- Princess of An Phú, Nguyễn Phúc Khuê Gia (August 12, 1813 – April 28, 1865), 2nd princess.
- Princess of Lộc Thành, Nguyễn Phúc Uyển Diễm (1815 – August 29, 1836), 3rd princess.
- Second-rank Prince of Vĩnh Tường, Nguyễn Phúc Miên Áo (January 4, 1817 – February 1, 1865), 6th prince.
- Second-rank Duke of Hòa, Nguyễn Phúc Miên Quân (August 31, 1828 – August 17, 1863), the 40th prince.
- Princess Nguyễn Phúc Thụy Thục (1829 – June 12, 1835), 32nd princess, died young.
- Third-rank Duke of Quảng Hóa, Nguyễn Phúc Miên Uyển (February 12, 1833 – November 30, 1893), 60th prince.