Features[change | change source]
The DSi is about 12% thinner (2.6 mm) and the screen is about 17% bigger than the Nintendo DS Lite. It has two Video Graphics Array (or VGA) 0.3 megapixel  digital cameras; one is pointed at the user and the other is in the outer shell. The power switch is now a power button like the original Nintendo DS instead of a switch and is moved to the bottom to make it harder to bump by accident. It no longer has a slot to play Game Boy Advance games in and one will not be able to play games such as Guitar Hero: On Tour on the DSi because the game requires the slot and the download games. A larger version of the DSi titled the Nintendo DSi XL was released in 2009. Like the original DS and DS Lite, the DSi and DSi XL were also discontinued in early 2014.
Differences between the Nintendo DS lite and Nintendo DSi[change | change source]
- Bigger Screen: The DSi Screen is one quarter of an inch bigger than the DS lite screen.
- Lighter: The DSi is 4 grams lighter than the DS lite.
- Battery Life: The battery lasts between 1–5 hours less than the DS lite.[source?]
- Extra memory: The Nintendo DSi has a SD card slot, on which photos and music can be stored.
- No Game Boy Game Slot: The DSi cannot play Game Boy Advance games; this caused a lot of disappointment when it came out.
- Camera: The DSi has two cameras, one on the inside and one on the outside and the photos can be put on the SD card and later printed.
- Music Player: The DSi has an AAC player, for playing music, much like an iPod does.
- Internet: The DSi has an internet browser that cannot watch videos, but can do everything else.
References[change | change source]
- "ニンテンドーDSi" (in Japanese). Nintendo of Japan. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- "Nintendo introduces DSi". Nintendo of Europe. 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- "任天堂新機種「ＤＳｉ」１１月１日発売 カメラや音楽再生機能を搭載 " (in Japanese). MSN. 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2008-11-23.
- Satoru Iwata (2008-10-02). "Nintendo Conference Fall 2008". Nintendo. pp. p. 2. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
We cannot boast about the resolution as the camera for DSi has the 300,000 pixels resolution.CS1 maint: extra text (link)
- Thorson, Tor (2008-10-02). "Nintendo: No US DSi until 'well into 2009'". GameSpot. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Ashcraft, Brian (2008-10-01). "Liveblogging the Nintendo Press Conference Liveblog". Kotaku. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- Cocker, Guy (2008-10-02). "Nintendo announces DSi". GameSpot. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- Kohler, Chris (2008-10-02). "Liveblogging the Liveblogs: Nintendo's Japan Conference Kicks Off". Wired. Retrieved 2008-10-03.