Notre-Dame Cathedral (Luxembourgish: Kathedral Notre-Dame, French: Cathédrale Notre-Dame, German: Kathedrale unserer lieben Frau) is the Roman Catholic Cathedral of Luxembourg City, in southern Luxembourg.
It was originally a Jesuit church, and its cornerstone was laid in 1613. It is the only cathedral in Luxembourg.
Many Grand Dukes are buried here.
Burials[change | change source]
- Marie-Adélaïde I, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (1894–1924)
- Marie Anne, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, born Infanta of Portugal (1861–1942) – Consort of William IV
- Felix, Prince Consort of Luxembourg, born Prince of Bourbon-Parma (1893–1970) – Consort of Charlotte I
- Prince Charles (1927–1977)
- Charlotte I, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (1896–1985)
- Joséphine Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, born Princess of Belgium (1927–2005) – Consort of Jean I
- Jean I, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (1921-2019)