Parbatya Chattagram Jana Sanghati Samiti
The Parbatya Chattagram Jana Sanghati Samiti (Bengali: পার্বত্য চট্টগ্রাম জনসংহতি সমিতি Parbotto Chôṭṭogram Jônoshônghoti Shomiti, or PCJSS, English: United People's Party of the Chittagong Hill Tracts) is a political party formed to represent the people and indigenous tribes of the Chittagong Hill Tracts in Bangladesh. Since its inception in 1973, the PCJSS has fought for Autonomy and the recognition of the ethnic identity and rights of the indigenous tribes of the Hill Tracts. Its military arm, the Shanti Bahini was used to fight government forces and Bengali settlers in the Hill Tracts. A Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord signed in 1997 led to the disarmament of the Shanti Bahini and enabled the PCJSS to return to mainstream politics. 
References[change | change source]
- Rashiduzzaman, M. (July 1998). "Bangladesh's Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord: Institutional Features and Strategic Concerns". Asian Survey. University of California Press. 38 (7): 653–70. doi:10.1525/as.1998.38.7.01p0370e. Retrieved 2008-06-12.
- "Bangladesh peace treaty signed". BBC News. 1997-12-02. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Chittagong marks peace anniversary". BBC News. 1998-12-02. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord, 1997". Banglapedia - National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- "Ministry of Chittagong Hill Tracts Affairs". Archived from the original on 2008-07-08. Retrieved 2009-05-06.