Anka at the 2007 North Sea Jazz Festival
|Born||Paul Albert Anka
July 30, 1941
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Spouse(s)||Anne de Zogheb
|Children||6, including Amanda Anka|
Personal life[change | change source]
Anka was born in Ottawa, Ontario to Camelia and Andrew Emile "Andy" Anka, Sr. They owned a restaurant named the Locanda. His parents were both Antiochian Orthodox Christians in Lebanon. Anka's father and his mother were Canadian-Lebanese "from the town of Kfarmishki, in Lebanon."
References[change | change source]
- "Paul Anka Biography". Biography.com. http://www.biography.com/people/paul-anka-3424. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Paul Anka". Canada's Walk of Fame. http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/inductees/2005/paul-anka. Retrieved 2015-3-24.
- "Paul Anka profile". Filmreference.com. http://www.filmreference.com/film/8/Paul-Anka.html. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Paul Anka". Encyclopedia Britannica. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1913216/.
- "Paul Anka Biogrpahy". Biography.com. http://www.biography.com/people/paul-anka-3424. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- "Paul Anka profile". City of Ottawa. http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/arts-culture-and-community/museums-and-heritage/witness-change-visions-andrews-newton/paul. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- "Paul Anka profile". History Of Rock. http://www.history-of-rock.com/paul_anka.htm. Retrieved December 4, 2013.