|Born||June 10, 1916|
Istanbul, Ottoman Empire
|Died||June 15, 2013 (aged 97)|
|Occupation||Novelist, story writer|
|Spouse||Atıf Yönsel (1940s? – 1978)|
Celal was born in İstanbul, Ottoman Empire on June 10, 1916. She completed her high school education in Samsun and at the French curriculum Lycée Saint Pulchérie in İstanbul. Celal spent most of her childhood in Anatolia. She had one daughter, Zeynep Ergun.
Peride Celal died on June 15, 2013, but it was announced two days later by her family.
In 1977, she was honored for her novel Üç Yirmi Dört Saat with the Turkish Sedat Simavi Literature Award along with Fazıl Hüsnü Dağlarca. The 1991 Orhan Kemal Novel Prize was bestowed on Peride Celal for her novel Kurtlar.
References[change | change source]
- Karahan, Burcu. "Peride Celâl'in Romanlarında Kadın Kimlikleri" (PDF) (in Turkish). Bilkent University. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Peride Celal hayatla 'barışamadan' öldü" (in Turkish). Milliyet. 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- ""Bir Hanımefendinin Ölümü"" (in Turkish). Bianet. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Peride Celal". Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 1 December 2010. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Peride Celal hayatını kaybetti". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2013-06-17. Retrieved 2013-06-17.