|Location||2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
Zantzinger, Borie and Medary
Howell Lewis Shay
|Public transit access|| SEPTA bus: Template:SEPTA bus link|
Philly PHLASH, Suburban Station
The Philadelphia Museum of Art is a large art museum in Philadelphia.
It is the 9th largest art museum in the United States. The building is on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. The museum has over 240,000 objects. The museum is famous for the Rocky Steps. These steps lead up to the museum. The 1976 movie Rocky was filmed here. The museum's sections include American Art, Arms & Armor, Asian Art, European Art, Modern & Contemporary Art, Prints, Drawings, Photographs, and Special Exhibitions. The museum was first planned in 1876 and built in 1928.
References[change | change source]
- "Centennial Origins: 1874–1876". History. Philadelphia Museum of Art. Retrieved May 21, 2012.
- "Philadelphia Museum of Art: Homepage". Philadelphia Museum of Art. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- "Search Collections". Philadelphia Museum of Art. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Robert T. Rambo (n.d.). "2017 Annual Report" (PDF). Philadelphia Museum of Art. p. 19 (of PDF file). Archived (PDF) from the original on March 28, 2018. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
Admission income of $5.4 million and attendance of 793,000 were essentially at the same levels as 2016.
- "Philadelphia Museum of Art - About Us : Administration". www.philamuseum.org. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- Kinsella, Eileen (2022-06-07). "National Gallery of Ontario Director Sasha Suda Will Leave to Helm the Philadelphia Museum of Art". Artnet News. Retrieved 2022-06-08.
- "Meet Sasha Suda, Philadelphia Museum of Art's new CEO and director". www.audacy.com. 2022-06-08. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- "The Largest Art Museums in the United States". WorldAtlas. 2017-08-14. Retrieved 2022-07-26.
- "Search". philamuseum.org. Retrieved 2022-07-26.
- "How to Do The Rocky Statue And Rocky Steps in Philadelphia". Visit Philadelphia. Retrieved 2022-07-26.
- "Philadelphia Museum of Art - Museum Map". philamuseum.org. Retrieved 2022-07-26.