Physical attractiveness means the different characteristics of someone's physical appearance that different people consider to be beautiful in other humans. Physical attractiveness can also include sexual attractiveness, ideas about beauty, proportions, muscular development, and appearance.
In men, physical attractiveness may include slim waist and height. Female physical attractiveness might include youth, waist-hip ratio, mid upper arm circumference, body mass proportion and facial symmetry.
References[change | change source]
- Physical attractiveness: The influence of selected torso parameters" in Archives of Sexual Behavior Volume 10, No 1 1981
- Pierce C. A. 1996; Cunningham, M.R. 1990; Pawlowski B, Dunbar RI, Lipowicz A 2000
- Buss, David (2003) . The Evolution of Desire (hardcover)
|url=(help) (second ed.). New York: Basic Books. pp. 51–54.
- Singh, D 1993
- Girl power; Human evolution.(Mothers, malnutrition and daughters) Economist (US), The, May, 22, 2003
- Tovee MJ, Reinhardt S, Emery JL, Cornelissen PL. 1998
- Berscheid and Reis, 1998
- Fink, B. & Penton-Voak, I.S. (2002)