PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
|PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale|
SCE Santa Monica Studio
Bluepoint Games (PS Vita)
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment America|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita|
|Media||Blu-ray Disc, PlayStation Vita card, download|
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is a crossover fighting video game for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita game consoles. It was developed by SuperBot Entertainment and published by Sony Computer Entertainment America. It was released in North America on November 20, 2012, in Europe on November 21, 2012, and in Japan on January 31, 2013.
Gameplay[change | change source]
The game plays similar to Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. series. The point of the game is to beat the character(s) you are fighting by knocking them off of the stage. During a match, players can collect orbs that are in a stage. Collecting orbs builds up a power meter that is at the bottom of the screen. When a player is hit, their meter goes down. When the meter is full, the player can use one of three very powerful attacks that can be used to beat opponents and get points. Up to four players can battle with characters from Sony's video games, including God of War, Sly Cooper and PaRappa the Rapper.
Characters[change | change source]
|Dante||Devil May Cry|
|Evil Cole MacGrath||Infamous|
|Fat Princess||Fat Princess|
|Isaac Clarke a||Dead Space|
|Jak and Daxter||Jak and Daxter|
|Kratos||God of War|
|Parappa the Rapper||PaRappa the Rapper|
|Ratchet and Clank||Ratchet & Clank|
|Sir Daniel Fortesque||MediEvil|
|Sly Cooper||Sly Cooper|
|Sweet Tooth||Twisted Metal|
|Zeusa||God of War|
- ^a These characters can be downloaded for free from the PlayStation Store. They are not available from the start.
Items[change | change source]
There are many different items from Sony's different series that can be picked up and used by players. They can be used by players to do better in the match or hurt opponents.
Stages[change | change source]
There are 14 stages in the game. Each stage is based on a combination of two games. For example, the stage "Stowaways" is based on the games Uncharted and Bioshock Infinite.
References[change | change source]
- Maniago, Daniel (January 22, 2013). "PS All-Stars patch 1.05". tumblr. http://superbotent.tumblr.com/post/41227925997/ps-all-stars-patch-1-05. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- by JC Fletcher on Aug 13th 2012 10:43AM (2012-08-13). "PS Blog: PlayStation All-Stars delayed a month". Joystiq. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/13/ps-blog-playstation-all-stars-delayed-a-month/. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Superbot Entertainment". Twitter. 2012-08-13. https://twitter.com/SuperBotEnt/status/235079912933953536. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "PSの人気キャラがガチバトルする『プレイステーション オールスター・バトルロイヤル』が日本発売決定". ファミ通.com. 2012-08-23. http://www.famitsu.com/news/201208/23018884.html. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "All-Stars". Playstationallstars.com. http://www.playstationallstars.com/All-Stars#1. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale DLC: Kat and Emmett to join the fight (for free!)". Blog.eu.playstation.com. 2012-11-15. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/15/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-dlc-kat-and-emmett-to-join-the-fight-for-free/. Retrieved 2012-11-28.