Pokémon Black and White
|Pokémon Black and White|
|Publisher(s)||Nintendo, The Pokémon Company|
Multiplayer video game|
Single-player video game
Pokémon Black Version and White Version are two role-playing games (RPGs) in the Pokémon series made by Game Freak for the Nintendo DS. The games were released in Japan on September 18, 2010, in Europe on March 4, 2011, and in North America on March 6, 2011. The games have 156 new Pokémon, which brings the total to 649. These games introduce the largest amount of Pokémon in any generation.
Gameplay[change | change source]
Pokémon Black and White are role-playing games where the player captures creatures called Pokémon. They can use them to battle against other Pokémon. One of the new features in the games are triple battles, which allows players to battle three Pokémon against three Pokémon. Alongside triple battles are Rotation Battles. Players still send out three Pokémon, but only one can battle at a time. The player can switch the position of their Pokémon during their turn. Also new is that the seasons change, and areas in the game have falling leaves in the fall, and snow in the winter.
Plot[change | change source]
Pokémon Black and White take place in the Unova region, which is based on New York City and its surrounding area, unlike past games being based on regions of Japan. The plot of the game follows a new Pokémon trainer who is on a journey to become a Pokémon master. They do this by battling other trainers such as Gym Leaders, and finally the Elite Four. During this journey, the player meets an evil team known as Team Plasma, who look like knights. Team Plasma wants to make a new world where Pokémon are away from humans. After taking them down, the player must track down the first members, the Seven Sages, and battle them.
References[change | change source]
- "商品情報 | 『ポケットモンスターブラック・ホワイト』公式サイト" (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2010-06-27.
- "Pokémon Black & White UK release date confirmed". 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version". 2010-05-28. Archived from the original on 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2010-09-22.
- "Pokemon Black & Pokémon White launching in North America on March 6, 2011". Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version | Official Video Game Site (Australia & New Zealand)".
- Pokémon Pia (ポケモンぴあ)
- "社長が訊く『ポケットモンスターブラック・ホワイト』". Retrieved 2011-02-18.